PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield 12 Express - Program Updates problem

neilgeddes
11-14-2006, 04:33 AM
Hello,

I have just yesterday purchased and installed the InstallShield 12 Express (Windows) upgrade. The installation process went smoothly and the InstallShield product runs as expected. I have a problem using the "Program Updates" application however. When I run it I am unable to see any of the screens completely. Only the top portions display and so I cannot access any of the functionality. Please see the screen displays attached. Is there a way to resolve this? I am running Windows XP SP2 with all the latest security and program updates installed.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Best regards, Neil

mattdoyle
11-16-2006, 01:47 PM
This is just a guess but is your banner bitmap by chance larger than the maximum permited size (499x58)?

neilgeddes
11-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I can't say about the banner size. It would be just the default one installed for the Program Updates control panel applet that comes with InstallShield 12 Express. The applet looks stupidly designed and as though no-one at InstallShield's bothered to check or test it out. Presumably everyone else's looks and works fine?

Thanks, Neil

bryanwolf
11-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Sounds crazy but...you might try highlighting the text with your mouse and dragging up and down to see if it helps.

It's an explorer window, so maybe it go off-center and now is "remembering" the bad positioning for you?

Just a thought... :)

neilgeddes
11-20-2006, 11:18 AM
That works! Thanks. Not easy to use though.