PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone Installation

bantisk
09-19-2006, 05:18 AM
Hi,

I am creating a installer for smart phone which have windows Mobile 5.0 installed on it.
1)When i deploy .Net compact framework with it, its get deployed but need to install manually. Can it be automated, means installer will check wheather it is installed or not and if not installed then installed it.

2)Can is it possible to allow user, to change the directory with browse button and install my software on card.

:mad:

davidh
09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
With regards to the .NET framework, I would expect it to be installed automatically. Are you checking to include the framework in the '.NET Compact Framework' panel of the Mobile wizard? Also, are you deploying using Activesync? Specifically, I would expect you to be creating a new 'Express' project and creating your Mobile install via the 'Mobile Devices' view.

davidh
09-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't see a way to browse to an installation directory via the InstallShield support in combination with ActiveSync. It seems that if you simply double click on the cab file, however, you get the option to install to a storage card.