PDA

View Full Version : SQL error in setup progress

Alexandre J.
09-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi,
I use Installshield 12 Express to deploy my application.
I have a error on this step :
(sorry, it's french setup)

Génération de scripts pour l'action :

Error is :

Database: . Unknown table 'Verb' in SQL query:
SELECT `Verb`, `Command`, `Argument`, `Sequence` FROM `Verb` WHERE `Extension_` = ? ORDER BY `Sequence`.

I search this error, but no result in forum and web :(

Thx for your help !
Bye.

davidh
09-15-2006, 11:05 AM
It seems like you have an entry in the Extensions table without an associated entry in the Verb table. Unfortunately, you do not have access to those tables with Expresss.

I think you might have a bad entry in the 'File Extensions' view. Check the entries you have in the File Extensions view. As a test you could even try deleting the entries to verify that the error goes away. Then, recreate the entries to see if that resolves the issue.

Merci!

davidh
09-15-2006, 11:10 AM
FYI, the root cause of this issue is that the Verb table is filtered out because we detect that there are no entries in the Verb table. Unfortunately, MSI needs the Verb table, even if it is empty, if the Extension table is in use.

So, to prevent the Verb table from being filtered out, you can add the following entry to settings.xml (found by default in c:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12 Express\Support\0409\settings.xml):
<Verb MSI="Ref:Extension" MSM="Ref:Extension">Required for RegisterExtensionInfo action</Verb>

FYI, this should already be fixed for future versions of the product. You will manaully have to make this change if you have this problem in a current version. However, it seems strange to have an Extension entry without an associated Verb entry.

Alexandre J.
09-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Thx for your answers !
I try these solutions monday...

Thx, bye...

Alexandre J.
09-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Thanks a lot for you response.

We want to try the solution by modifying the XML file. However, we don't know where to enter the entry you sent us. Could you please tell us the exact section in the XML file ?

Alexandre

davidh
09-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Look for the following section:
<EmptyTableDisposition MSI="Drop" MSM="Drop">

Add a new element within that section. You can see the other elements for examples.

Alexandre J.
09-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Thx, we have add this entry in settings.xml and it's done !

thx a lot... Bye.