PDA

View Full Version : Unable to use ISE 11.5 in VS2005 due to crashes

davsimpson
08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi folks,

I just upgraded from Installshield Express 11 to 11.5 at the same time we moved to Visual Studio 2005.

I'm running into crashes everytime I try and make a change and save that change. If and try and delete a file from the Installshield project, crash!

This crash occurs in both Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 now.

If I create a brand new project in Installshield, I can successfully save it through Visual Studio. I have no desire to rebuild from scratch a complex project. Of course, the ISE project format is binary which is absolutely no help.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a way to report bugs to Macrovision without the racket of a support contract? I've just purchased this upgrade and am furious I have thrown the money away.

Thanks,
Dave

Mike Marino
08-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Do you experience these same problems if you use our standalone IDE?

One thing you can try, self register (regsvr32.exe) the following files: IsExpEdt.dll & IsExpEdt.dll. For example:

regsvr32.exe "c:\program files\Macrovision\IS11.5 Express\System\IsExpEdt.dll"
regsvr32.exe "c:\program files\Macrovision\IS11.5 Express\System\IsExpPkg.dll"

Then run the command line option:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /setup

That should re-register our Visual Studio Plugin and may correct the problem.

Hope this helps.

davsimpson
08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Mike,

No this problem does not occur if I use the standalone Installshield IDE. I would just use the standalone IDE, but I need to access projects through Visual Studio.

According to the stack, something is crashing when trying to release an XML node.

Your registration suggestion did not help unfortunately, and I have tried reinstalling the application too.

Thank you,
Dave

Mike Marino
08-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Does this happen with a new project, or only with the upgraded project?

If it only happens with the upgraded project, can you provide me with the upgraded project?