PDA

View Full Version : Error 2602

Meshman
08-15-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm getting an Error 2602 when trying to install a package. The only document I can find says:

"Select Build > Validate > Windows 2000 Logo Validation Suite. This displays any validation error that occurs in the MSI package"

There is no Validate option on the build menu in VS.Net 2005.

Does any of the documentation for this product make sense? This is 2 articles now that tell me to click on things that simply don't exist.

DebbieL
08-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Are you referring to Knowledgebase article Q107481 (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107481)? That article does not apply to InstallShield Express Edition. (You can tell because it lists the applicable products at the top of the KB article, and Express is not included.) Some of the functionality that is mentioned in this KB article is available in the Premier and Professional editions, but not in the Express edition. Sorry for the confusion.

Can you post a few more details about your installation? What type of project are you using? QuickPatch or Express? Is this an upgrade or a first-time installation? What is the error text that is displayed? (What table entry is missing?) More information might help with troubleshooting this error.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

Meshman
08-15-2006, 11:54 AM
"What type of project are you using? QuickPatch or Express?"

? I'm just creating a basic installer project in VS.Net. It's definitely not a patch.

"Is this an upgrade or a first-time installation?"

Of Installshield? It's a first time installation.

What is the error text that is displayed? (What table entry is missing?)"

Error 2602: File: healthyyou3.primaryoutput