PDA

View Full Version : Error -5008 Intel64 or AMD64 ...

James Carlburg
07-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Hello,

I have added a 64 bit merge module for an InstallShield 11.5 Express project. I am getting the Error -5008 error "Intel64 or AMD64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream"

Where is the "template" of the Summary Stream. I've tried every editable value in:

Organize your Setup->General Information->Summary Information Stream

Where should I put the value of AMD64 or Intel64, or is this not supported by InstallShield Express?

davidh
07-31-2006, 03:56 PM
64 bit options are not supported in Express. We do not support this, but you can try editing the Express ise you created using Microsoft's unfriendly (compared to Express) tool called Orca.

gregg1ep00
10-18-2006, 01:00 PM
64 bit options are not supported in Express. We do not support this, but you can try editing the Express ise you created using Microsoft's unfriendly (compared to Express) tool called Orca.

I'm currently evaluating IS Express and am having the same issue. Are you saying that, if I want to deploy a C++ application that depends on the C++ Runtime (v8.0, whose merge modules are for both x86 and x64), there's no way for me to build the deployment project with IS Express without editing the .ise file with Orca? AND it's not supported?

So let me get this straight... Express has EVERY OTHER feature that I need... But to build a C++ deployment app, I have to spend an additional $1000 for the pro version?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

:mad:

davidh
10-18-2006, 03:56 PM
I would recommend using Orca to make the change to the ise file. In your case it certainly sounds like that would work. Unfortunately, we can't offer support with Orca since it is not our tool.

gregg1ep00
10-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I would recommend using Orca to make the change to the ise file.
I tried searching for the place where I would place the Intel flag, but I couldn't find it in the .ise file.

Unfortunately, we can't offer support with Orca since it is not our tool.
I wasn't suggesting that. I am just completely baffled on how people are supposed to deploy native C++ projects with IS Express if you can't include a Microsoft Merge Module properly.

wlsmith
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I am getting this same error in an InstallShield 12 Professional Service Pack 1 installation project. Where is this "Summary Stream" and how do I edit it?

Thanks,

DebbieL
03-30-2007, 07:39 AM
wlsmith,
To edit this In the Professional edition of InstallShield:

In the View List under Installation Information, click General Information.
In the center pane, click Summary Information Stream.
In the grid on the right, change the value for the Template Summary setting.

For more information, see the following help topic:
http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield12helplib/IHelpTemplateSummary.htm

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation