PDA

View Full Version : I need Dialog with HTML Link

wojciech9
07-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi,

I have my license agreement file in html format. I would like to have a dialog displaying the link to my license file. The user should have the possibility to start internet explorer opening the license file from the Install shield wizard. Does someone have made something similar?

Best Regards, MW

Christopher Painter
07-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Basic MSI does not support http URLs in an RTF edit box. The best you could do is a provide a button that calls a CA and launches the browser.

If you want to click on URLs inside the license agreement, you can do this in InstallScript/InstallScript MSI projects since InstallShield provides you with a very extensible External UI handler.

wojciech9
07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi Christopher,

Thanks a loot for the quick answer.

You wrote:
„If you want to click on URLs inside the license agreement, you can do this in InstallScript/InstallScript MSI projects since InstallShield provides you with a very extensible External UI handler.“

That would be the optimal solution.
I have tried to do it. I have used the .rtf file with the .html link inside. Install shield displays the link, but if I click on it, nothing happens.
At the moment I am working on Install Script project but I think the dialog in the MSI application will behave the same way.

What do you mean by “External UI handler”?

Best Regards, MW

wojciech9
07-24-2006, 02:05 PM
After some hours…

I have cloned the original SdLicense Dialog and afterwards I have written custom script to control the new dialog. I have taken the SdLicense2Dlg.rul file as a template. I have modified the function of the Print button to open my .html file in the Internet browser.

…and it works. J

Best Regards, MW