PDA

View Full Version : Checking hardware requirements

maya_pollack
07-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Hello,

How can I check hardware prerequisites not via script? (For checking software prerequisites there is the "Installation Requirements" tab. Is there similar tab for hardware requirements)?

Thanks,
Maya

cbragg
07-23-2006, 12:48 PM
That depends on the hardware requirements you are looking for. Which ones are you looking at?

maya_pollack
07-24-2006, 02:16 AM
That depends on the hardware requirements you are looking for. Which ones are you looking at?

The hardware requirements are: RAM, Hard disk (free space) and CPU

RobertDickau
07-24-2006, 10:30 AM
To see what MSI supports (assuming that's the project type you're using), please see the MSI help topic "Hardware Properties". Please also see "Property Reference" for links to other properties that might be of use.

Ranjit Kumar
04-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi,
I am newbie. I dont know.I am using installshield 12. Is there any way to give condition for hard disk space of 1GB.
I found in condition for RAM only. Where can i give condition for Hard disk.

Miroslav
04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi,
I am newbie. I dont know.I am using installshield 12. Is there any way to give condition for hard disk space of 1GB.
I found in condition for RAM only. Where can i give condition for Hard disk.

i am also using IS12, and for my setup i am currently checking some hardware info, to make a 1gb condition, first you have to check Free space of the HDD and afterwards you can build simple function where you will be comparing HDD size to your minimum requirement.
here are some lines of code that might help checking HDD free space and whick values to return, in yout cast the best would be GBYTES

GetDisk gets you the targetdir drive, letter only.. ex. "C:"
GetDisk (svResult, TARGETDIR);

Returns Int C: +"\\"="C:\", MBYTES || KBYTES || GBYTES
lFreeSpace = GetDiskSpaceEx (svResult+"\\", MBYTES );