PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield Express 2 (yes, 2) : Not enough disk space to extract...

Roger Garrett
07-22-2006, 10:06 PM
I have a very old version of InstallShield, version 2. Basically it works fine but I recently built an installer with it in which the one-file installation program, setup.exe, is 3.7 megabytes. That in itself is not a problem. But when I go to run the Setup.exe it reports "Could not find enough disk space for extracting files". That's just not possible because I have 32 Gigabytes of free disk space.

My question, then, is this: Does that disk space problem only occur in IsntallShield Express version 2, or will I encounter the same kind of problem if I purchase the latest InstallShield Express?

- Roger Garrett

Christopher Painter
07-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Older versions of InstallShield could only recognize hard drives up to a certain size. ( 2GB? I don't remember. )

Drives bigger then that size get `rolled over` and will think it has less space. As a work around you might try creating a series of 100 mb files to `roll` it over one more time into thinking you have free disk space.

Also see if this helps:

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q100166

Roger Garrett
07-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Christopher,

Thanks for the info on the disk limits of InstallShield Express 2. It makes sense.

As it turns out I do have InstallShield Express 11.5 and I'm trying to create an installation using it for the same application. It doesn't report that disk limit problem so I guess your evaluation of the problem is correct.

- Roger