PDA

View Full Version : Visual Studio 2005

trevrobwhite
07-20-2006, 04:58 AM
My company has just upgraded to Visual Studio 2005 (joy!) and I'm having megga problems trying to get Microsoft's new dlls to work, one problem is that Studio doesn't seem to tell you know .dll files are needed and the second is where .dll files live.

i can now run one of the applications which is in the INSTALLDIR, but another application installs with it into a different directory and this gives the lovely "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem".

Does anyone know the official way of getting around this? I am using the official merge modules from Microsoft although these are still marked as beta (not very re-assuring).

Thanks in advance.

Kallex
07-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Hi.

What are you exactly trying to install?

You made a solution with VS 2005 and are trying to deploy it with InstallShield 12?

What kind of solution is it, .NET, Visual C++ or some other type of solution?

What merge modules are you referring into?

manjunath_shiva
08-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi Kallex,

run mt.exe to embed the manifiest failes to exes and dlls and ship VC++ 2005 redistributable kit. For more information, visit MSDN and search.

trevrobwhite
08-08-2006, 05:22 AM
Thanks guys, I'll slap the programming department around the face with a wet fish.

They're using C++ by the way.