PDA

View Full Version : "Installing.." in STATUSEX caption

Sorenhes
07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Hello,

I've just migrated a IS 7.01 project to IS12 and one problem crept up that I haven't been able to resolve.

In IS 7.01 when in the STATUSEX dialog, the word "Installing" or "Uninstalling" would appear by defaut and the Status Text of a component (IS7 naming) would complete the phrase.

In IS12 this functionality seems to have changed. The words "Installing" or "Uninstalling" does not appear. Is this a bug ?

Also take note that I've modified the STATUSEX dialog ( 10135 ). Could this be a factor in my problem.

I've been testing on Vista Beta 2 and noticed that the progress bar in the STATUSEX dialog does not display the green progress bar that is standard in Vista. Is this a bug or is it a symptom of my overriding the dialog.

Regards,

Robert

avladescu
09-15-2006, 02:27 AM
Hi,
Can you tell me how did you modify the STATUSEX dialog?
Did you do this in IS7 or IS12 ?

regards

Sorenhes
09-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Hi,

I modified the STATUSEX dialog in IS7. Also I'm using a skin in my setup. I had noticed before migrating that the progress bar problem was also in IS 7.

Regards,

Robert

avladescu
09-15-2006, 07:59 AM
How did you modify the STATUSEX dialog?

You used Visual C++ 6 and edited the _isres.dll? I tryed this in 12 but this dialog is not in the resource DLL.

Can you guide me trough this please?

Thanks!

Sorenhes
09-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi,

The dialog ID is 10305. In IS 7 I was able to override it by placing a copy in the _isres.dll. In IS12 it migrated but I'm not sure that IS 12 truly uses it. I was working with the trail version but it has since then deactivated. I will receive the official version shortly and will let you know what the results are.

Regards,

Robert

Calvin1cal
05-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi, How do you modify the skin of the of the STATUSEX dialog? Did you find out the resource ID? For what I think each language have a different resource ID.

I think I have found out the resource ID of the STATUSEX dialog resource ID for English (which is 10305) But still I don't know how to apply skin (with skin customization kits) and edit it from the dialog list.

How do you do it in IS 7? maybe it help me on how to do it in IS 12.