PDA

View Full Version : How to change the company name and product name?

david in china
07-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi, everyone,

I have completed a basic MSI installation package, and ready to release to our customers.

Here the questions appear. If our customers have no installshield products, how will they customize the product name and company name besides the product logo according to his own needs just based on the installation package I release to them?

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

david in china
06-23-2007, 06:08 AM
I still have not got a solution.

GetExp
06-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Hello,

Do you wish to change the product name and the company name during installation?

david in china
06-26-2007, 12:31 AM
right. however our customers havenot installshield. He only need to modify the package I provide.

praveendanam
06-28-2007, 05:05 AM
hai,

you can set the productname property by using msisetproperty()
read the name directly from user input or from ini file you can set it.

-praveen

david in china
06-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks for your detailed answer.

I think out my way to solve this problem. That is to modify setup.ini

Your customers have InstallShield or not have installshield does not make any difference.The setup built by installshield doesnot require that InstallShield should installed on the machine.

If you want that you give your *.ism files to the client and they do the modification, before installing the application, then they need to have the InstallShield installed on their target system.

Whatever the setup you provide, and depending upon the user interaction you have provided to your setup, your set will behave accordingly at runtime.

The name of the company, which is displayed in "Customer Information" dialog box, at run time, can be changed and user can change and put the name as they desire.

You cannot change the name of the Product at runtime.