PDA

View Full Version : CRC error while coping files

Simeon Pilgrim
07-18-2006, 12:26 AM
InstallScript project.

I have a project that has two sets of configuration files. Only one set is ever installed, decided by user choice.

Both sets of files have the same named files. They are also copied to the same destination.

If I select the second set the files, they are installed with no complaints. If I select the first set, I get this error message:

CRC error: The file <filename> doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.
This would lead me to believe that the CRC is been compared based on file destination, not of source.

Both components have the same variable as the destination. But this is setup at the start of the install.

I tried deleting the everything in the Media directory as was discussed here (http://community.macrovision.com/archive/index.php?t-135400.html).

RobertDickau
07-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Is this an uncompressed InstallScript release build? If so, you might look into setting the CD-ROM Folder property for all the features that contain files with non-unique names, to avoid one copy of a file colliding with other copies in an uncompressed build directory structure...

Simeon Pilgrim
07-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Is this an uncompressed InstallScript release build?

Yes, now that I understand what you mean, I have found all the files sitting in one directory. Then found the Release wizard, and chose the cab file option. Now works as initially expected.

I am a bit surprised InstallSheild doesn't auto-magically detect that there are same named files, and generate a warning (at minimum) or just stored them in different place to avoid the conflict.

But thanks for the solution.