PDA

View Full Version : Language support

bveldkamp
07-14-2006, 05:50 AM
I read that IS12 Premier supports multiple languages, does this mean that it's not possible to choose a different language when using Professional? Or can I buy extra language packs for that version too?

Thanks, Berend

William-Webb
07-14-2006, 08:39 AM
As far as I can tell, only the Premier version has the extra languages, and I dont think you can buy extra ones either :(

Oh the joys on InstallShield! :D

Stefan Krueger
07-17-2006, 04:41 PM
With Professional your setup dialogs can use only one leangue. You select this language once, while installing IS12. Then all your setuips will use this one language. So you could build setups in Dutch language with Professional, but Duth will be the only language you can use.

With Premier you can select one or multiple languages for each project, so your setups can run in multiple languages.

bveldkamp
07-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I overlooked that the first time I installed...

I now installed Dutch and this works for new projects, the old ones are still English however, so it seems the strings are imported when you start a new project. Do you know if there's a way to refresh the string tables, or do I have to restart my project?

Berend

Stefan Krueger
07-19-2006, 03:23 AM
You could export the string table from a new project and import it in the old project.

bveldkamp
07-19-2006, 04:48 AM
Thanks again, that works perfect.

And for future reference: You'll have to change the language setting in the following places:
General Information > Project Properties
Release > UI Languages
Release > Default Language

MarcusM
07-25-2006, 06:56 AM
If one has IS 11 Pro German one change have the user choose between German and English for the setup ui sequence. Has this been taken out of IS 12?

Stefan Krueger
07-25-2006, 10:37 AM
As far as I know that's still possible with IS 12 Professional German edition.