PDA

View Full Version : Error

avladescu
07-13-2006, 09:57 AM
While working in InstallShield 12, I received the attached error and now I can't do anything! What happened???

William-Webb
07-13-2006, 10:26 AM
While working in InstallShield 12, I received the attached error and now I can't do anything! What happened???

You my dear friend are in exactly the same boat as me.

Run the build process from the command line using verbose logging and post up the error file!

avladescu
07-14-2006, 03:58 AM
I've tryed and the log file seems not to be generated.

I typed this command line:
"C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12\System\ISBuild.exe" /p"my_project_path" /m"my_project_name" /verbose "C:\IS.log"
Is it not correct?

Also, when I close the "window error" with the X button, this message appears:
isdev.exe - Application error
The instruction at "0x77557b96" referenced memory at "0x0210fb78". The memory could not be "read".

Should I reinstall IS?

Thank you for your reply.

William-Webb
07-14-2006, 04:07 AM
Hi,

Have a look in your "<Project Folder>\<Build Name>\<Release Name>\LogFiles" Folder.

The log files in here should give you enough information (hopefully)

avladescu
07-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Hi William-Webb,

I saw your correspondence with the InstallShield software engineers and I tryed myself their advices.
Since nothing changed ... I reinstalled IS. I assumed that it was an IS12 problem since any of my IS12 projects didn't work.
Till now it didn't crash!

Good luck!

William-Webb
07-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Hi William-Webb,

I saw your correspondence with the InstallShield software engineers and I tryed myself their advices.
Since nothing changed ... I reinstalled IS. I assumed that it was an IS12 problem since any of my IS12 projects didn't work.
Till now it didn't crash!

Good luck!

It doesn't have an affect on all of my projects, therefore i'm assuming a re-install wont make any difference...

I guess only time will tell, unfortunatively time is something I do not have tho :(

Regards,
Will