PDA

View Full Version : Patch build and merge modules

Snoopstah
07-13-2006, 12:49 AM
When I build my patch I am getting the following error :

ISDEV : error Val0006: The Component 'MSXML4_Parser.2E8D8EBB_CC16_45E1_BBCA_CB1ED881EDB7' identified by ComponentID '{614D4D8F-B010-4EF8-A99F-2AD60248838B}' is missing from the newest version of your setup.
You can not delete components and still do a minor/small upgrade. You must perform a major upgrade.

I understand the rule behind this error but the problem with this error message is I have no removed the MXSL merge module nor have I deleted any components.

Upon doing the standard build, and testing, the install works smoothly.
I only encounter this error after using Patch Design View to create my patch and then click build.

Snoopstah
07-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I figured I'd turn the "stop at first error" off and just let the patch build and see what happened.

I end up with a perfect patch that upgrades my product.

HOWEVER, when uninstalling the product, the dreaded error 1316 appears. I imagine this is due to a component missing (as per the build error).

Does anyone have any ideas how the component has been removed from my project???

I have opened up my previous project and searched Direct Editor for the "missing" component. There were no results found. What is this mystery component and where did it come from ? How can I find out where to put it or at least get around the error during uninstallation.

Snoopstah
07-14-2006, 01:43 AM
I think the reason for the error may be due to an InstallShield software upgrade from 11.5 to 12.0 between my last patch and this patch. That is the only thing I can think of.

I have gone back to InstallShield 11.5 and opened the previous project and started over for the new patch. While I still have errors they are at least not related to MSXML merge module and mystery deleted components.

Problem is they are worse and related to the IsWow64 dll function. I have read up that it was not possible to build a patch going BACK to InstallShield 11.5. This leaves me in quite the predicament and needing to fix this mysteriously deleted component !

This is a big problem with InstallShield software upgrade...

Does anyone from InstallShield have anything to say on this ? :confused: