PDA

View Full Version : Checking version of Excel and copying files based on version?

bdunk100
07-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Hello, I am new to installshield and would like to know if the following is possible.

I would like my install to check for what version of Excel is running and copy files to a specific location based on the version. If Excel 2000 is installed please copy all all files to this location C:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\library, if Excell 2003 is installed copy files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Library.

Is this possible? Again I am new to Installshield so I need step by step instructions.

Thanks for your help
Bdunk

RobertDickau
07-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Which type of project (InstallScript or MSI) are you using?

bdunk100
07-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I am using Express version of Install shield. How do I tell what type of project it is?

RobertDickau
07-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Current and recent versions of Express create Windows Installer (MSI) installations, and you can use the MSI system search (AppSearch) functionality to search for a particular version of a file, and use component conditions to control under what circumstances files should be installed.

However, I'm not that familiar with the Express interface, so you might have better luck with the readers of an Express-specific forum such as the Express 11.5 forum (http://community.macrovision.com/forumdisplay.php?f=201) (depending on the version you're using).