PDA

View Full Version : Arabic

areatza
07-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Hi all!

Could you tell me if premier edition support arabic language?
I read something about "Bidirectional Language Support" but I don't known if this is the same that multilingual Support :confused:

Thanks

DebbieL
07-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Although Arabic is not one of the 33 languages for which run-time strings are already translated, you can add Arabic support to a Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI installation if you have the Premier edition and you create your own translations.

You would use the New Language Wizard (on the Tools menu, click Add New Language) in the Premier edition to add Arabic support to your project. You would also export the string tables from your project, translate them into Arabic, and import them back into your project.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

areatza
07-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Thanks

I do it and known when I make a release appears those errors

ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12\Redist\0436\i386\_isres.dllISDEV : error -5001: Cannot copy source 'C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12\Support\0x0401.ini' to target 'C:\instalaciones\hola\rrr\rrr\DiskImages\DISK1\0x0401.ini'

Any idea? I read some messages about this but I don't find the solution.
If a created a released without arabic language there isn't problem, but with this language or any that I add to program from Tools --> Add New Language the two error appears.

Thanks

areatza
07-11-2006, 05:07 AM
sorry I don't know what I made :eek:

areatza
07-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Hi again

I saw another thing, when I Add New Language from Tools, in the last step when it is adding, in the Summary it saw this message "Failed to update IDE- New Merge Module".

Can be this the problem? How can I resolve it?

Thanks

DebbieL
07-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Hmm. See Knowledge Base article Q106687 - HOWTO: Adding an Unsupported Language to a Project (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q106687). Try steps 4–12 in that article.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

areatza
07-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Thank you Debbie these being of great help. The version that we have is the
Developer 7 and we want to upgrade, I am evaluating several versions and the premier is the one that is adjusted to our necessities. Later
of to check everything and to see that it is what we need they have asked me to know if one can make the installation in Arabic. I have followed all the steps that you have left indicating and no error no longer appears when making the released. I have added the language without problems, but now I have other problem and I am not sure of if it is for our machine or why.In the machine that I am evaluating I have added the sources of this laguage.I'm trying to translate the comments to Arabic (uae) but when I will copy it in the one "string tables" the copy is in English.
Some suggestion?

Thaks

DebbieL
07-13-2006, 08:27 AM
How are you adding the Arabic strings?

The easiest way to do this is to export the English strings, translate the English into Arabic, and then import the Arabic strings.

To export:
1. In the View List under Installation Information, click General Information.
2. In the center pane, right-click English (United States) and click Export String Table. The File Name dialog box opens.
3. Browse to indicate where you want to save the text file, and enter a file name. InstallShield exports the strings into a tab-delimited text file (.txt). Here's an example of what part of it might look like:

COMPANY_NAME Your Company Name
DN_AlwaysInstall Always Install
IDS__AgreeToLicense_0 I &do not accept the terms in the license agreement
The ampersand (&) is placed before the character that will become the keyboard shortcut for a run-time dialog's control.

At this point, you can take the exported .txt file and translate the English strings.

To import the translated file back into your InstallShield project:
1. In the View List under Installation Information, click General Information.
2. In the center pane, right-click Arabic (whatever version of Arabic) and click Import String Table. The Open dialog box opens.
3. Select the translated .txt file and click Open.
4. InstallShield will probably warn you that conflicts exist. You can select Yes to All to indicate that you want to replace the English strings with the Arabic strings. (By default, when you added Arabic to your project, InstallShield used English (the default language) strings in the Arabic string table. InstallShield is simply warning you that the Arabic string table already has values for each of the string identifiers (but the values are in English), and that the string table that you are importing has values (the Arabic strings that you want) for the same string identifiers. InstallShield is verifying that it is OK to replace the strings.)

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

areatza
07-18-2006, 03:18 AM
At the end I will be a heavy one. I have been able to translate comments,
although not yet I have gotten that the screens "Setup Status" and "Exit Setup" appears translated.. :confused:
Any helps?

Thanks

sudhindrak
07-31-2006, 03:48 AM
I think you are adding the new language after opening your project.

Please try this.
1) Open IS12
2) DO NOT open any project.
3) No go to the "Add new Language" wizard, select your project from the project list in the wizard and add the language.

I am sure this will work, as I had the same issue.

Thanks
Sudhindra

areatza
07-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks

The last week told me a person from macrivision, and he told me that the thing I want to do, it is only possible with InstallShield multiplatform.

Thanks

harishsohani
08-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Hai,

Can you tell me how to translate language support file to arabic?

Regards
Raju

Although Arabic is not one of the 33 languages for which run-time strings are already translated, you can add Arabic support to a Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI installation if you have the Premier edition and you create your own translations.

You would use the New Language Wizard (on the Tools menu, click Add New Language) in the Premier edition to add Arabic support to your project. You would also export the string tables from your project, translate them into Arabic, and import them back into your project.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

DebbieL
08-28-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm not quite sure that I understand the question. If you want to add a language-specific support file to your project, you would add it to the appropriate language node in the Support Files view. Is that what you are trying to do?

areatza
09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Hello

After my latest post, call me a person from Macrovision to ask me about the versions that I downloaded. I told him what we want, that is, in a same machine with the same program have several installations in various languages and that one of them was the arabic. He was verifying it and told me that I must to utilize the version InstallShield MultiPlatform.

Bye

fredhand
02-07-2007, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=DebbieL;357997]How are you adding the Arabic strings?

>The easiest way to do this is to export the English strings, translate the >English into Arabic, and then import the Arabic strings.

I would like to know which version of the exported file to send to the localizers. When I export strings I get a myFile.txt and myFile(UNICODE).txt.

Also, what format should the file be saved? I have successfully imported CHS, CHT, KOR, and JPN, but when I import the ARA file that I got back from my localizers the characters are garbled. Is there a Knowedge base article on the "cookbook" steps needed to localize in arabic including what editor to use and what encoding and format to save the file?

Thanks

pbauer
01-26-2010, 01:24 PM
InstallShield exports the string table file in USC-2 Little Endian encoding (UTF-16). It expects the import file to be in the same encoding.

Use a text editor that supports encoding conversions (notepad will do) to ensure your import file is in USC-2.