PDA

View Full Version : Copy File From Installation CD

KenPalm
07-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Hello everyone. I am a new user of Installshield 12 Pro. I have much experience with Wise For Windows Installer Pro ver 6.0 but I am finding some difficulty with certain procedures with Installshield 12 on copying a file from the installation cd to the destination computer.
I have built an Installshield MSI Project and everything seems to work fine except for copying a file from the source cd to the destination computer. This is what I am trying to accomplish.
Every CD has a license file which is added to the CD after the installation program is written to the CD. I need to copy this file to the installation directory during the installation of the program. It does not matter where or when in the process it is installed. With WFW 6.0 this was quite complicated and I have tried to do it the same way but without success.
I would appreciate if someone could advise me with some sample code and where to place it in the MSI Project. We can call the file "License.XYZ". Thank you in advance for any assistance you can help me with this problem.

RobertDickau
07-11-2006, 08:30 AM
(Duplicate post; follow-up here.)