PDA

View Full Version : Using DialogSetInfo

Frank Yeager
07-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I just recently upgraded to IS 12 from version 9. My installscript was making use of the DialogSetInfo to change the dialog display. In version 12 this does not appear to be working. I checked the help file for information about DialogSetInfo, but it tels me "topic not found". Has this been replaced by a different call in IS 12?

Also, to get started I let IS 12 automatically convert my IS 9 project to version 12.

AndrewRich
07-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I just recently upgraded to IS 12 from version 9. My installscript was making use of the DialogSetInfo to change the dialog display. In version 12 this does not appear to be working. I checked the help file for information about DialogSetInfo, but it tels me "topic not found". Has this been replaced by a different call in IS 12?
The DialogSetInfo Help topic for IS 12 is here: http://helpnet.installshield.com/robo/projects/installshield12langref/LangrefDialogSetInfo.htm

I haven't yet used DialogSetInfo in IS 12, but have no reason to believe it has changed. One tricky bit you might check for is:
If your script calls DialogSetInfo before calling any of the Sd dialog box functions, the call to DialogSetInfo must be preceded by a call to SdInit (http://helpnet.installshield.com/robo/projects/installshield12langref/LangrefSdInit.htm). If it is not, the call to DialogSetInfo has no effect. SdInit won't hurt anything if it's called more than once, so try inserting it before your first call to DialogSetInfo.

Frank Yeager
07-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm still unable to get the .gif to display. Here is my snippet of code from the OnBegin() function:

// Initialize setup for calls to Sd dialog box functions.
nResult = SdInit ();
// Alter dialogs so that Asyst logo is displayed.
nResult = DialogSetInfo( DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "logo.gif", TRUE );

I've checked the return on both calls and they are both 0. Also, I've run in debug and confirmed the "logo.gif" file is in the SUPPORTDIR folder.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

RobertDickau
07-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Does it work if you use a .bmp file instead of a .gif? It might be that only .bmp files are supported in InstallScript dialog boxes...

AndrewRich
07-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm still unable to get the .gif to display.
I believe DialogSetInfo only supports BMP-format images, as Robert noted.

Frank Yeager
07-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the help. The switch to .bmp files worked.

thamilton164
10-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Hello

I added the following line of code to the setup script.

if nvResult >= 256 then
DialogSetInfo( DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "setup2.bmp",TRUE);
szTitle = "";
szMsg = "";
nResult = SdWelcome( szTitle, szMsg);

else
DialogSetInfo( DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "setup3.bmp",TRUE);
szTitle = "";
szMsg = "";
nResult = SdWelcome( szTitle, szMsg);
endif;

setup2 is a 256 bitmap editted with ms paint to be sure. Each dialog box reserves the space for it (60x30 pixels) but nothing is displayed except the background color. Any thoughts? can anyone mail a sample bitmap that works for them? thamilton164@comcast.net

btw - older installshiled 7

thanks!

michael