PDA

View Full Version : ClickOnce error

dandraka
07-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Hi all,

After reading a bit on ClickOnce deployment projects, and tested with VS 2005 Express, I thought of going the IS 12 way. Unfortunately, without succeeding :mad:

After I build the setup I try to install it, and I get the following error:

Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance.

Pressing "Details" opens the log file (I've attached it for anyone interested):

[...]

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://if-srv-qms/encryptdecrypt/EncryptDecrypt.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from http://if-srv-qms/encryptdecrypt/EncryptDecrypt_1_0_2375_19453/EncryptDecrypt.exe.manifest: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ Application manifest is not semantically valid.
+ Specified <entryPoint> is not valid. Check that the path to the entrypoint is well-formed and the entrypoint exists in the deployment.

Any ideas ?

MichaelU
07-10-2006, 10:35 AM
It's been a while since I've worked with the ClickOnce error logs and I've never found them easy to read... If you're still pursuing this project, could you perhaps say some more about the layout of your project and what sorts of files you're including in the application? I don't know if we'll be able to resolve this here, but without more to go on I don't know if we could address it later either.

dandraka
07-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Well there isn't much to say really; I've followed the click once wizard, and the included files are the main .exe and one .dll.

I've also attached the .ism file (renamed it to txt so that I can upload it), in case you find it helpful.

DaveSimmons
07-12-2006, 12:12 AM
This is just something to check: make sure the server folder is only set to run scripts not executables by IIS.

Deploying One-Click Installs (not ClickOnce) to customer servers we've had errors from the server being set to _run_ installs instead of return them, and from MIME types not being set.

The docs for ClickOnce or a Knowledge Base article might discuss the proper folder settings and MIME types. There might also be something at msdn.microsoft.com for IIS permissions and types.