PDA

View Full Version : InstallScript installing .net framework

navneet
06-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Hi,

I have searched on this forum and read many times that to include .net framework in the setup you can select that in the release wizard.

I am using a InstallScript project and in the release wizard I dont see any option to install .net on target machine. In the objects view there is a MS.NEt framework object and I believe it is .net 1.0 and even then if i add that object .net framework is not getting installed on the target machine.

What am i missing

Thanks for help

Regards
Navneet

navneet
06-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Ok including the MS .net Framework object does install the .net framework but I have 2 problems.

1. I can only find the object for version 1.0 of .net
2. It installs the object at the end and if .net is not already installed it gives me an error during install when it tries to install crystal reports

Is there anyway I can force it to install the .net framework before actually installing other merge modules and where can i get the .net framework object for version 1.1

Regards
Navneet

navneet
06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Ok got the .net 1.1 by updating the software.

Is there anyway I can force it to install .net before installing other merge modules

esiemiat
06-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Have you installed the InstallScript object library? I think I saw both the .NET 1.1 and 2.0 framework objects in the feature list when I installed it on my development system. The install for this can be downloaded from InstallShield's download center at no cost. Hope this helps.