PDA

View Full Version : Unable to register IS 12

Jim Young
06-26-2006, 09:45 PM
I just received my upgrade from IS X Pro to IS 12 Pro and I am unable to register my copy - The registration process keeps telling me I have an invalid serial number. I even tried using the email option of registering, but that is broken also - IE brings up this error "Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable" then Outlook bring up a blank email to send to onlineactivations@macrovision.com.

Believe me I've typed in the serial number exactly as it appears on my sticker on the back of plastic jacket that IS 12 came in.

What are my options now? Is there anyone at Macrovision that I can call about this problem? I've looked at the support options on the web site and it looks like I can't even say hello to anyone without a support contract.

So far, I'm not terribly impressed with IS 12's activation features!

Jim Young
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM
:o :o

Sorry - user error. I had not done the web registration before trying to activate. After installing IS 12 there is a flurry of windows that pop up, the web registration window and the activation form simultaineously. I must of closed the registration window and forgot to register.