PDA

View Full Version : Database creation problems

ISIZBEN
06-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Hey guy's,

I'm having a rather ODD problem with the isntallation of my databases. My Setup has two features contains it's own database.

During installation proces if i choose to installa both features all databases are made with no problems, but when i choose to install just one of features the feaures's database just won't get created.

Has anybody have any idea how this could happen?!

thnx,
Ben

p.s. another odd thing that i just noticed is that the databases are create when choose i the standard installation type.

hidenori
06-21-2006, 11:20 AM
I would suggest for you to look into the Windows Installer verbose log to see if the component associated with the SQL script in question is getting installed or not.

Hope this helps.

ISIZBEN
06-22-2006, 03:02 AM
I would suggest for you to look into the Windows Installer verbose log to see if the component associated with the SQL script in question is getting installed or not.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the quick reply hidenori,

the following is the error shown in the log file:

1: ADO Error: Number: -2147217900 Description: An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Add a name or single space as the alias name. Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server SQL State: 42000 Native Error: 1038

I've got about 6 scripts. for evey MSSQL script is there a MySQL version. When i run my setup in Standard installation type , everything goes smoothly(MSSQL as well MYSQL), and even when i run the installation in Custom mode an select both sub-features to install, and surprisingly when i choose the Standard Setup type and choose just one sub-feature, i have no problems. The problem accures just when i choose the custom mode and select one of the two sub-featuers to install. The problems accures with both MSSQL and MYSQL scripts.

1. I use one connection to run al my scripts.
2. CATALOG name is set to ISIZ
3. Create CATALOG if absent is checked
4. Both MSSQL and MYSQL are checked in Requirements tab of the databsae conenction.Allow Installaion to MSSQL server desktop Engine ...is checked too.
5. I use GO statement between SQL statements in MSSQL as well as my MySQL scritps.

I think that there is something wrong with the way they are executed or when. Why won't the problem accure when i choose both sub features(CUSTOM INSTALLATION MODE) and why just when i choose one and why is there a problems with both MSSQL and MYSQL?!

I appreciate any suggestions,
Ben

ISIZBEN
06-22-2006, 07:50 AM
anybody!!!

i've got one more day to make this setup work properly....

i'd appreciate any suggestion...
thanks,
ben

hidenori
06-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Would it be possible for you to email me your project including all SQL scripts at hidenoriy@macrovision.com? I also need the Windows Installer verbose logs for the three cases where the Standard setup type is chosen, one of the two database features is selected, and all of database features are selected in the Custom setup type.

Thank you.

ISIZBEN
06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks, for the quick reply,

can i send u the project without including the installation files?! cause otherwise i'm not allowed to that.

hidenori
06-22-2006, 08:35 AM
That's fine. I just need to look into the SQL Script view to see what you have.