PDA

View Full Version : Offline installation

_pejo_
06-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Hi!

I'm trying to installl Installshield 12 Premier on my development machine that is not connected to the internet.

When executing the setup it fails saying it cannot connect and download dotnetfx.exe, i have downloaded it but no luck. How can this be disabled?

lakshmanaprakas
06-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Hi Pejo

I had come across the same problem last week.

You have to extract the msi (InstallShield12.msi) from installshield12.exe file by running the following command line.

installshield12.exe /A /v"/qn TARGETDIR=C:\temp"

This would extract the msi along with other files to C:\temp. You can then install the msi on the machine (with no internet connection).

Hope this helps you.

Cheers
Lakshman

_pejo_
06-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your post, it's working :)

/PeJo

MichaelU
06-21-2006, 10:34 AM
For the dotnetfx.exe case you should be able to preinstall the .NET 2.0 Framework (and perhaps J#) to satisfy setup.exe's .NET requirements. Of course the administrative install is fine too, but it's best to ensure you have everything the IDE will want by using the setup.exe.

_pejo_
06-22-2006, 01:25 AM
I tried that first. Downloaded the exe and installed from the link that setup.exe said was unaccessible. But that didn't work. The setup.exe still wanted to access the internet.

/Pejo

MichaelU
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
That exe is the wrapper which itself downloads the .NET redistributables; it's no surprise it would then fail to contact the internet. This is why I mentioned installing the framework - downloading the redistributables from Microsoft manually, or off the install CD for some application that uses them. Regardless, I'm glad you have it installed and working.

lakshmanaprakas
06-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Hi Micheal

Even after installing the dotnet framework manually, InstallShield12.exe fails to check the availability of .Net on the machine. Hope this will be fixed with the next release of InstallShield.

Cheers
Lakshman

MichaelU
06-23-2006, 10:25 AM
It's probably looking for J#.NET 2.0 as well then. I couldn't remember if we had that as an install dependency, or just an optional runtime one.