PDA

View Full Version : Create web site fails error -2172

jrlichina
06-20-2006, 04:25 PM
I have a simple install that attempts to create an application pool then a website and a virtual directory under that site. I try and run it on a Server 2003 R2 machine and I get the failure message "1: -2172 2: Could not create website", any ideas what this means??? The app pool is created but the creation of the web site fails. The remainder of my install works as all my web application source gets copied to my desired folder. I have also had this install corrupt my TCP/IP settings, not sure why that is happening. I'm very disappointed with the product so far.... :mad: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

davidh
06-21-2006, 11:42 AM
The 2172 error means there was a problem setting the ASP .Net version. You should not get this error unless you are setting that property. It is found on the General tab for web sites and virtual directories. So, you can try clearing that property to see if it resolves the issue.

However, if you want to set that property, we will have to debug further. Perhaps there is some problem launching the app we use to change the version...example path: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe. 2.0.50727 will be replaced by the version you specified on the General tab.

I'm not sure about the corrupted TCP/IP Settings. Perhaps it is related, but hopefully this will give us more information.