PDA

View Full Version : error 1904

alexis23
06-20-2006, 05:36 AM
pls. help this message appears in the last part of my installation...

"Error 1904. c:\program files\common files\business objects
\3.0\bin\craxdrt.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2170224770..."

what could be wrong???

alexis

pyaire
07-06-2006, 04:24 AM
Hello,
As it appears to me that your dll needs to be self-registered.
to do so, if u are including the dll in your Setup Files, right click on "craxdrt.dll" and select Propreties.
select the Tab "COM & .NET Settings"
under Registration Type, select from the combobox "self-registration" and press Ok
Now build your setup and try to test...
Good Luck.

solomojb
07-13-2006, 04:18 PM
I am trying to register some DLL's myself.

I have clicked on the "Self-Register" on my DLL's. Any other help/suggestions would be appreciated.

NOTE: I don't think it's the DLL's themselves as I was able to get them to register using an installscript based install in IS X. (I switched to 11.5 figuring it would help with this problem.. but to no avail... ;))

Trevdog
07-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi,
We recently purchased IS 11.5 Express for building installers on the Windows XP/2K platforms. All of our installers were previously written using IS 2.x. I've started converting older projects to IS 11.5 Express and the conversion seems to work mostly.
The problem I'm seeing is that the installer complains with the same HRESULT while I'm installing the product on a Windows 2K machine. It works fine on XP SP2.

This morning I checked the SP on the Win2K machine and it was SP2.
So, I tried the following:
1. Install Win2K SP3. Tried re-installing our product. Same problem with the same DLL.
2. Install Win2K SP4. Tried re-installing our product. Same problem with the same DLL.
3. Downloaded MSI 2.0 from M$ website. Tried to install it. Didn't install since apparently it's already included in SP3 or SP4.

The problem here is that we have a heterogeneous install base - some computers use 2K and some use XP.

I have double-checked the self-registration of the .DLL in question.
It is set to self-register.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks in advance!

-Trevor