PDA

View Full Version : New user - first setup - no release created for distribution??

sodakotahusker
06-15-2006, 07:43 PM
I have designed my application - a fairly simple dot net app with only 8 files included. I build and it seems to work. I can find the setup.exe that it creates but when I try to distribute it says that I have to build from the release section. I have done this about 20 times now - restructured my components. :confused: I tried just using the setup.exe that was created but that causes the famous Microsoft message - You have encountered an error - Click send to send this information into outer space . Does anyone have a clue what is going on here.

And one easy one here: Where do I change the name of my output so the name is not setup.exe. I was there once but I did not save my project and now I can't find it again. :o

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

sodakotahusker
06-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I created a new Product configuration and then a new release under it and now I have a distributable package. :) In fact it distributed a whole lot more than I expected. :confused: And I found the name of the setup file in the product configuration properties. :)