PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Component Export does not copy VersionIndependentProgID

looeee
06-15-2006, 10:57 AM
When exporting a component to an existing ISM project file the VersionIndependentProgID does not make it to the new project
:(

Chandima
06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Just to clarify, are you exporting a component from a Basic Msi project to another Basic Msi project? Or is it Basic Msi to Merge Modeul project?

BrHartmann
03-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I was going to post a new thread, but the bug I encountered seems very similar to this post.

I exported a component from one Installscript MSI project to another Installscript MSI project. The component had three file types defined with accompanying prodIds and icons. When I tried building the release, I got some cryptic errors about some icons missing from the Icon table, and I traced it to these progIds -- in the IDE, the icon fields were blank, and the wrong strings were shown.

Note that I did have to change some string key names during the import process to resolve conflicts.

sks2004
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I have noticed that IS12 isn't extracting the VersionIndependentProgID from some of our COM components. Manually extracting the data via RegSpyUI.exe functions, but the Standalone build process doesn't. Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?