PDA

View Full Version : Custom Menu

maziyar
06-12-2006, 12:43 PM
The selection in the custom menu does not reflect the custom actions/features to be installed. e.g. out of 3 features, if you deselect all but one..it still calls up all programs one by one...

isn't this supposed to be managed by installshield itself using the features and custom actions or should there be a check to ensure that feature is selected by my own functions?

thanks

RobertDickau
06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
What type of project are you using? What custom actions are you referring to? The Custom Setup dialog box should handle which features and components are installed, but you might need to add your own conditions to custom actions...

maziyar
06-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Im using Installscript Msi project.

I have 3 features named "Focus", "Apache", "PHP"..I have "NOT INSTALLED" condition for all and each one refers to a seperate function in "onInstalled" field.

I have three custom actions named the same..each place the same function used above, in "Install Exec Sequence" with value of "After Install Files", "After Apache", and "After PHP"..

is it possible to include a condition like if feature was selected in the condition field?

Thanks

RobertDickau
06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
You might look at the MSI help topic "Conditional Statement Syntax" (or InstallShield help library topic Frequently Asked Questions > Conditions > How do I detect if the user has selected a specific feature?), for information about &FeatureName=n conditions.