PDA

View Full Version : [INSTALLDIR] is lost

ISIZBEN
06-09-2006, 02:46 AM
hey guy's,

Since i've upgraded my project from IS 12 Beta1 to IS 12, i can't get to see the [INSTALLDIR], it just won't show up( both nin "Project Assitent" and "IDE" )

Mike Marino
06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Can you send me your project?

mmarino@macrovision.com

ISIZBEN
06-09-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm really not allowed to do that...

but i must add that i've compiled the project a billion times and it works like a charm....the only problems wil be the updating of the old files cause it's not gonna be a very easy job to do..

Ben

ISIZBEN
06-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Hey guy's,

I think i figured out what problem is, but i don't know wat is the best way of solving it. In "Project Assistant", "Application Files", should the project files be listed beneath the [ProgramFilesFolder]. Well in my case it just don't seem to happen. When go to the "Installation Designer", "Setup Design" and put [ProgramFilesFolder] behind [INSTALLDIR] in "Component's Destination" then it appears in both the "Project Assistant" and "Installation Designer" "Application Files". Should i edit every single component's Destination ?!

What should i be doing to solve the problem cause InstallShield it self is not really helping matter in this case.

thanks,
Ben

p.s. i'm not allowed to post the project

ISIZBEN
06-16-2006, 04:40 AM
After a little bit of searching i saw that in "Installation Designer", "General Information", "Prodcut Properties" the INSTALLDIR wasn't set properly. I changed t to [ProgramFilesFolder] and now i'ma ble to see all my files.