PDA

View Full Version : error 1720; problem with running scripts

aurotrip
06-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi:

I'm a new user with no real experience with IS.
Has anyone successfully run custom scripts with IS Pro 12.
I get error message 1720.

Thanks for your help.
-Auro

MartinMarkevics
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Is this VBScript? What's the full error? Does your script run OK outside of MSI (at least any part of it not specific to MSI - e.g. anything not using the Session object).

aurotrip
06-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the response. I put down all I captured...

Error 1720
There is a problem with this windows installer package. The script could not be run.
Contact "so and so".
Custom Action <name>

Here is what I'm launching in the customer action (launch a browser w/URL).

Dim IE
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
IE.FullScreen = false
IE.Navigate "http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/devices/wmconnect/default.aspx"
IE.visible = true

Christopher Painter
06-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I copied your script into a VBS and it worked. Assuming it would fail in a CA I theorized that ActiveScript couldn't handle that COM you were invoking. But when I pasted the script into a VBS CA and scheduled it into the UI sequence just after AppSearch it worked.

How is this code implemented in your project? One thing I've noticed is if you have a VBS file with multiple function blocks an error in one block will sometimes effect another block since ActiveScript parses the entire VBS file for errors before executing your function. Because of this I always double click my VBS files before building them to see if I get any errors. Since I don't have any code outside of functions I can do this.

sreedhars
08-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Is this VBScript? What's the full error? Does your script run OK outside of MSI (at least any part of it not specific to MSI - e.g. anything not using the Session object).

Hi Martin,

This is sreedhar here, I am facing similar problem. Yes my script is using Session object.

Please help me its very urgent

-Sree