PDA

View Full Version : RunTime Error

maziyar
06-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi, I deleted the components and added new ones and now when I try to access any of the components I get the following Runtime error..

Runtime error!
program: c:\program files\macrovision\IS12\System\isdev.exe

Any fixes?

Thanks

MartinMarkevics
06-08-2006, 04:36 PM
When does this occur, when you navigate to the Setup Design and\or Components view?

Does this occur only for the one project or for all projects? If just the one, can you post your project or send it to me via a Private Message?

maziyar
06-09-2006, 07:25 AM
When I navigate to the components view and expand one of the components...

This happens only in this project..all the others are fine...

I'll send the project to you privately...

thanks,

MartinMarkevics
06-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Probably something got corrupted, but it's hard to say. Once I get the project we'll go from there.

maziyar
06-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah, thats what I thought too..I already started making a new project while we're working on this...

I was just checking out the details in the Setup Design and this time it just decided to exit without giving me any errors.. :cool:

MartinMarkevics
06-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I got your project. Thanks. The problem is with your Directory table. You have the following two entries (among others):

TempFolder NEW_DIRECTORY1 .:Temp 0
NEW_DIRECTORY1 [TempFolder]:\Focus_temp:SourceDir 0

NEW_DIRECTORY1 has an empty Directory_Parent. You can only have 1 entry that is the root (i.e. one that has an empty Directory_Parent), which is usually TARGETDIR.

Are you trying to change the TempFolder path directory to some other location? If this is not what you intended, then remove the NEW_DIRECTORY1 row. Also, set the Directory_Parent of the TempFolder row as follows:

TempFolder TARGETDIR .:Temp 0

This will fix your issue. If you are trying to do something different let us know and we can discuss further.

maziyar
06-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes I was before...and then I changed the components and I forgot to change it...

But shouldn't you catch these exceptions (I know this is C++, not Java but there are ways you can prevent this from happening...) in order for the program to continue without crashing..? just a suggestion..

Thanks for your quick responses...

MartinMarkevics
06-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Obviously it should not crash... We'll look further to prevent this in the future.

That said, we do have a global exception handler in place that will, in most cases, allow you to send us the stack trace and other relevant info when an unhandled exception occurs. I'm not sure of the exact nature of the code causing this particular issue, but ideally you would have seen that dialog and been able to report the error along with the relevant supporting data. We'll look into the details here and get this straightened out.

Thanks.