PDA

View Full Version : uninstall - stupid novice question

_sacal_
06-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Hello all,

I have just downloaded the evaluation version of InstallShield Express, so please bear with me.

I got installShield to create an installation for my application which works perfectly. Now, while creating the intallation routine, can I ask installShield to also create the uninstall routine? So after the installation, the new Program group has a link to my application, and also a link to an uninstall routine? HOW?? Or do I have to create my own uninstall as a second exe?

My application, at least this one, is very very simple, does not add or change anything in the registry at all. But it will create some text files which will be created depending on the user interactivity with my software. I can make sure these text files will be stored in the same directory as the [installationsDirectory], and not spread out all over the place.

Can installShield create an automatic uninstall without requiring the user to go manually through the control panel / add/remove programs?

This may be a very stupid question for most of you, but this is my very first attempt to use installShield.

Thank you very much for your help!
_sacal_

RobertDickau
06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Please search the Macrovision Knowledge Base (http://support.installshield.com) for "express uninstall shortcut"; the first article should lead you through it.