PDA

View Full Version : Purchase IS12 Beta, upgrade to IS12 cost?

nnjcsc
05-18-2006, 10:11 AM
We are on IS 11. If we purchase an IS 12 Beta, with the intention of using IS12, then when IS 12 is released, will the IS 12 upgrade be free, or will we have to purchase it as well?

We are intending to go to IS12, and are on IS11, and have a user on IS10. But we need the latest features. We don't want to purchase IS11.5 upgrade licenses, then within a couple of months, have to purchase IS12 upgrade licenses.

Or can we purchase IS11.5 upgrade licenses now, and get the IS12 upgrade for free, since IS12 is so close to being released?

And is there an upgrade cost and date when IS12 will be released?

(Can you tell we are on a tight budget?)

MartinMarkevics
05-18-2006, 12:44 PM
The InstallShield 12 Beta is free. It's license protected, such that you can use the Beta until the end of May.

As far as obtaining information about price & upgrades, I would contact the sales team. This URL has the numbers or if you like, a form that allows you to send an e-mail.

http://www.macrovision.com/company/locations/us/index.shtml

That being said, IS 12.0 will be out soon, but if you need 11.5 in the meantime I believe there is (or was at some point) a policy that if you bought the latest version of the product (e.g. 11.5) within say a month or so of the newer version being released (e.g. 12.0), you would get the newer version at no additional charge when it came out. I don't know what the current policy is on that issue, but I'm just throwing this info out there so that if you want to buy 12.0, but you would like to use 11.5 in the short term until 12.0 is released, I'm sure something could be worked out. Follow up with the sales team and they'll give you more info.

aj_patra
05-24-2006, 03:52 AM
Hi,
Can anybody tell the official release date for InstallShield 12 RTM?

Thanks in Advance.
-Ajit

looeee
05-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi,
Can anybody tell the official release date for InstallShield 12 RTM?

Thanks in Advance.
-Ajit

see this post (http://community.installshield.com/showpost.php?p=352529&postcount=2)