PDA

View Full Version : List of functions does not display correctly

nnjcsc
05-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Please see the following thread:

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=126482

I would guess this is still a problem in 12 since it has not been fixed in the last 4 installshield releases despite the complaints by several users.

Jennifer
05-18-2006, 10:23 AM
I guess this hasn't been fixed yet since I just experienced this problem in the beta.

nnjcsc
05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
InstallShield or Macrovision, please fix this. It is aggravating.

MichaelU
05-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I scanned over that thread just briefly right now, and the only thing that comes to mind that I did not see is the difference between export and EXPORT. The former is what you want; the latter is something else. If it's just a matter of missing functions, and the missing ones are marked EXPORT prototype MyFunctionXyz, change it to export prototype MyFunctionXyz and it should help.

However I'm used to that being very consistent behavior and not the intermittent behavior you describe at the top of that thread.

Jennifer
05-18-2006, 11:02 AM
All my functions are marked with the lower case export and I still experience this problem.

nnjcsc
05-18-2006, 11:09 AM
All my functions disappear from the list. It just happened to me yesterday with IS11. It does not matter which function, built-in, or functions I wrote, they all disappear from the function list. My co-worker using InstallShield has the same problem as well.

Then I have to close and restart InstallShield to see them again. Or I have to scroll through the InstallScript to find my function.