PDA

View Full Version : Error during import from SQL Server DB

ScottCouncilman
05-08-2006, 01:01 PM
I am using the import wizard to try to import from an SQL Server 2000 database. I want to import the records, not just the schema. If I do the import without the records I get the script generated. When I include the
records (by using the Records checkbox on the Objects to script dialog) I get:
Error while generating script: "Unknown error (208)".

Is there:
a) something different I need to do?
b) a patch for this bug?
c) an easy way to restore from a database backup instead of using this wizard?

hidenori
05-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Would it be possible for you to email me your database backup file at hidenoriy@macrovision.com? We will need to reproduce the problem in-house to figure out what is causing it.

Thank you.

hidenori
05-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Thank you for providing your project. I found out this is a bug, and filed the work order #IOC-000050358 so it will be addressed in a future release. Since there is no work-around for existing products, I have created the hotfix for InstallShield 11 and attached it to this post.

In order to apply the fix, you need to close InstallShield IDE and copy the IsWsSQLSever.ocx, ISWiBuild.dll and IsCommonDlg.dll to \Program Files\InstallShield 11\system folder. Please note that it is only an unofficial fix as it has not been offically approved by the Testing team. So I strongly recommend you to make a backup copy of the original files before applying the fix. Also the fix is only for InstallShield 11. It cannot be applied to any other versions including InstallShield 11.5.

Regrads.

hidenori
05-11-2006, 12:15 PM
InstallShield's Database Import Wizard currently does not support the Security Scripting Options such as “Script database users and database roles”. In order to import database users, you need to generate the script using Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager with the “Script database users and database roles” option selected, and manually copy the portion that will create the database users to your script. I filed the work order # IOC-000050433 so the option will be supported in a future release.