PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate XML file entires

AndyPearse
05-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I am making changes to the Web.Config file for a .NET application and after the MSI installs, duplicate entries are created...

BEFORE

<system.web>
.....other web.config settings...
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
...other web.config settings....
</system.web>

I need to add a <deny> element within <authorization> and it creates the following..

<system.web>
.....other settings...
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
...other settings....
</system.web>
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>

The XPath queries are not complicated and I cannot find any reason why it creates duplicate entries. Can anyone help? :confused:

tporter
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
I am generating an xml file on install and all the nodes are explicit.

I want the format to be <a> <b> <c> <d> </b> </a>

but it comes out <a> <b> <c> </b> <b> <d> </b> </a>.

Anyone know why installshield is doing this?

MotoJason
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM
It's a bug in IS 11.5. HEre is an email I received from Macrovision tech support regarding the same issue I was having.

After some extensive testing I have found that what you are running into is a bug with our XML File Changes View. This stems from the fact that the parent element is being re-evaluated for each of the children elements and because of the text sub it is not finding it to be under the same parent. Therefore it creates extra tag structures. This has been reported under WO IOC-000047743. I have found a work around using your XML file though. Instead of importing the entire XML file since 95% of it is static, you can just import the parent elements that need the text sub.