PDA

View Full Version : Localize LauchProgramText

horsneub
05-04-2006, 07:14 AM
At the end of the installation, the customer can launch the installed program. For this i use the standard mechanism of Installshield with custom action "IS_LAUNCH_MY_PROGRAM_PLEASE" and a checkbox in "SetupCompleteSuccess"-dialogue.

This works fine, but i cannot localize the text ("LaunchProgramText") of the checkbox. Regardless of the selected language, allways the english text "Launch [ProductName]" is shown.

In the dialoque layout the text is an empty string. So i think it is assigned at runtime.

What can i do to localize the text?
Is it an error of Installshield or is it my mistake?

I use Installshield 11 Premier.

Thanks,
horsneub

SGorman
05-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Have you looked in the string table to be sure that the string is actually translated? It is possible that the German string table (for example) has English text for that particular string because that string isn't translated yet.

When you look at the dialog you should be able to see the string, it shouldn't be blank.

horsneub
05-05-2006, 11:30 AM
In the string table there is the entry "IDS__IsExitDialog_LaunchProgram" and its english value is "Launch the program". The german value is "Programm starten".

After installation i see "Launch MacPro 1.2.0.0" and thus the string probably is "Launch [ProductName]". But i cannot find this thext in the string table.
Do you know the right entry for this text in the string table. Perhaps there is one, but i cannot find it.

In the german and english dialoque the text-property of the LaunchProgramText-Label is an empty string.

horsneub
05-17-2006, 03:30 AM
I assigned the string table entry "IDS__IsExitDialog_LaunchProgram" to LaunchProgramText-Label of the SetupCompleteSuccess-dialogue. Now i see the localized string "Launch the program" (english) or "Programm starten" (german). This works fine for me.

It seems, that Installshield set the default value "Launch [ProductName]" only, if the text of the LaunchProgramText-Label is empty.

Is the entry "IDS__IsExitDialog_LaunchProgram" used somewhere else? If not, I think the people of Macrovision missed to assign the string table entry to the label of the dialoque.