PDA

View Full Version : No documentation of format of SQLRT.ini

nnjcsc
04-24-2006, 01:47 PM
There is no documentation of format of SQLRT.ini

There were a number of posts in previous IS version asking about the format, but no one ever answered what the format is.

This should really be in the InstallShield documentation. I have searched everywhere and have not found the answer yet. All the documetation has on SQLRT.ini is that it needs to be in the supportdir when calling the SQLRTInitialize function. But nothing to say SQLRT.ini should look like.

SQLRTInitialize( SUPPORTDIR ^ "SQLRT.ini");

hidenori
04-24-2006, 03:15 PM
The SQLRT.ini is an internal InstallShield support file. It is not intented to be modified by the setup authors. Is there a particular reason that you need to modify the file?

Thank you.

nnjcsc
04-24-2006, 03:42 PM
No I do not need to modify the file. I had the impression that we needed to create the file and add it to the supportdir. There were a number of other posts asking about SQLRT.ini as well, and I could not find the file anywhere.

So you are saying, we do not need to do anything with SQLRT.ini?

hidenori
04-24-2006, 03:56 PM
No, you do not need to deal with SQLRT.ini. InstallShield saves data in the ISSQLServer* tables to this file when a project is built so that the InstallScript runtime will be able to run scripts specified in the SQL Scripts view.