PDA

View Full Version : What's new to IS12

nnjcsc
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
IS12 documentation has a section indicating what's new to this version. Is there anything else beyond the list in the documentation?

DebbieL
04-20-2006, 11:16 AM
The What's New help topic has links to other help topics that provide more information about the new features.

What sort of information are you looking for?

Thanks,
Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation

nnjcsc
04-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Just trying to get a list for my management as I am justifying upgrading from IS11 to IS12.

DebbieL
04-20-2006, 12:24 PM
If you are using InstallShield 11, you don't have access to any of the features that were released in InstallShield 11.5 or any of the features that will be released in InstallShield 12.

The InstallShield 11.5 release notes (http://www.macrovision.com/downloads/products/flexnet_installshield/installshield/release_notes/is115_relnotes.shtml) describe the 11.5 features that you're missing.

The InstallShield 12 release notes also list features that you're missing. (These release notes are available from the Help menu in the InstallShield 12 beta.)

In addition, the Compare Versions page (http://www.macrovision.com/products/flexnet_installshield/installshield/features/all_by_version.html) on the Macrovision Web site is helpful if you are trying to compare InstallShield 11 with InstallShield 11.5. The Web site will be updated with InstallShield 12 features when it is available for sale.

Bottom line, here's a list of a few of the highlights that you'll get when you upgrade from 11 to 12:

Windows Vista support
Windows Installer 4.0 support
Pocket PC Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows CE .NET 5.0 support
Repackager project conversion tool (for the Premier Edition only)
DIFx 2.01 support
InstallScript rearchitecture enhancements
Internet Explorer 7 compatibility
Visual Studio 2005 support
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 support, as well as enhancements for the SQL Scripts view and the Database Import Wizard
.NET 2.0 Framework support
ClickOnce support
Microsoft Build Engine (MSBuild) support
Registry-Free COM support

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation