PDA

View Full Version : Clear out Directory table with SAB when Components are removed.

Dennis Marks
04-20-2006, 06:23 AM
We are utilizing the SAB tool very heavily for packaging our applications and merge modules. We are seeing that we can delete components but it does not clear out the directory table if that was the last component that was removed. We have issued an incident with Installshield as well, but I want to make sure it is looked at for Installshield 12's release as well as the Installshield 12 SAB tool.

Incident # SIOA-000047862

Reply from Mike at Installshield
The difference between the IDE and SAB has to do with what I will call the inherant data and knowledge that is presented in the Files and Folders view but is missing in the SAB command.

The Files and Folders view allows you to see whether or not the file/component is the only object destined for a particular directory. Then, deleting that file can be tied to the component which can be tied to the Directory table entry.

SAB does not (yet) work in this manner (it does not support the associations but I am uncertain exactly how it implements the functionality), therefore the need for the work-order.

Dennis

mberterm
04-20-2006, 11:50 AM
For reference, this enhancement request is documented in work-order #IOC-000005457