PDA

View Full Version : Log files copied to distribution folder when Shallow Folder Structure=YES

nnjcsc
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM
When "Shallow Folder Structure" is set to YES, then in the distribution folder, an interm and data folder is created, and log files are copied to the distribution folder. But if I delete these log files and create a CD, the installation fails. See attached message screen print.

When "Shallow Folder Structure" is set to NO, then these extra files are not created in the distribution folder, nor are log files created there.

The problem it causes for me, is I do not want to distribute log files to my client, but sometimes I need a shallow folder structure when my directories are deep, when I'm doing an MSI project.

Why would log files get copied to the distribution folder when Shallow Folder Structure is set to YES, but not when it's set to No? That makes no sense.

Summary: I never want to copy my log files to the distribution folder, no matter what option I set.

hidenori
04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Are you using the Distribute view to copy your setup files to your distribution folder? I tried it with the "Distribute after every build" option checked, but I could not reproduce the problem. I was using a Basic MSI project and created a setup with "Shallow Folder Structure" that just installs Notepad.exe. Only setup files are copied to my distribution folder.

Would it be possible for you to email a sample project that reproduces the problem at hidenoriy@macrovision.com? I will look into it to see what is causing the problem.

Thank you.