PDA

View Full Version : Install Options

dashrader
04-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I would like to have some of the options in my custom install default to X - Do not install. I don't see where I can do that. Does anyone know how I can do that?

David

dashrader
04-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I have found the answer...very easy...after a lot of research.

Basically, you must change the Feature Level to a number that is higher than the Install Level. To do this, I used Orca, the tool from MS. YOu can find this on the MS site. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/orca_exe.asp.

I opened my project and went to the Properties table to find the INSTALLEVEL value. 300 in my case. Next, I went to the Features table and set the Level property to 300 + the existing level. I closed the project, opened it back up in ISExp and built it.

Magic...the options show up with an X when I run the setup. Yeah!

OR :D

You can use the Setup Types in ISExp and uncheck the items you want to be marked for "Do not install" by default. :mad: ARGH!!!! I can't believe I didn't realize that.

NOTE: You will not be able to see that any features have a "do not install" default value in ISExp. I have not changed any other properties since I manually changed the feature level, so I don't know if they revert back to 1.