PDA

View Full Version : Unresolved dependency on VPDExport



Jennell Little
04-10-2006, 08:25 PM
I followed the directions (at least I thought I did) to add the VPDExport
assembly to my test project. But when I run it I get "unresolved dependency on VPDExport". I have tried everything I can think of. I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Thanks.

RobertDickau
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Does this happen with every project? A simple test seemed to work for me: opened the sample VPDExport project, built the assembly build config (not the product build config), created a new project, added VPDExport from the gallery into a feature, set the assembly's installation directory to "vpdsubdir", and after running the installer the executable and JAR files show up in the subdirectory...

Jennell Little
04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Robert, thanks for taking a look. That's bascially what I did also but I just did it again to be sure. Here is what I did:

- Installed a fresh copy of IS 11.5 on a fresh machine (Win 2003)
- Opened VPDExport project
- Built it as an assembly
- Answered Yes to the prompt "Saving this file will make it unreadable by earlier versions."
- Used the Project Assistant to create a new project
- Took all the defaults, selected Single Executable
- Under Organization-->Assemblies
--- Checked VPDExport
--- Checked Feature 1
--- Unchecked My Product
--- Entered an install location
- Build button
- Run button

The message I get is "Feature 1 has an unresolved dependency on VPDExport"

Any ideas?
Thanks, Jennell

RobertDickau
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi, Jennell,

Hmmm... That's essentially what I did: in the installer project I skipped the wizard and just used the default product build configuration; and also added the vpdexport assembly in Organization > Installation Design (right-clicked the default feature, selected Insert Assembly Reference > Insert From Gallery), and then set the assembly's Location property to vpdsubdir, without "...is Global" setting. Built and ran the default Product Build Configuration...

Robert

Jennell Little
04-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Here is the resolution that was provided by the Macrovision support team: This would work in the "standard" build of ISMP 11.5, but IBM uses a special build of ISMP which does not use the REX package to evaluate regular expressions. The fix to the project is easy, however. To fix this, open the vpdexport project. On the root product bean, feature and component, select the "platform" property (under advanced properties), and deselect the "all platforms" checkbox. After doing so, the platforms property should read "platform independent". Once you do this, the problem should be eliminated.

I verified that this solution does work.