PDA

View Full Version : How to put Crystal Reports MSM version 2005 in InstallShield

Jan McCode
04-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Dear all,

I'm using Visual Studio 2005. In my application I make use of the integrated Crystal Reports. After many hours, I found out how to make the application also work on the production machine: by installing the MergeModule by the 'Business Objects' company. (They published the MM only March 11, 2006).

My problem is this: we already have a setup package created with InstallShield 11Professional edition. How do I integrate the Merge Module (named "CrystalReportsRedist2005_x86.msm") into our existing package?
I know how to load an msm into installshield. However, if I do that - the "ordinary" way, I get the error "1: ALLUSERS property is not 1 - this MSM cannot be used for a per-user or fallback-to-per-user install 2: 2".

So, I obediently followed the guidelines of Business Objects and created a Setup project in Visual Studio 2005 - not of type Merge Module! Apparently you need the 'regular' setup, else the dependencies are not added. Running the resultant setup on the target machine produced a fine result. However, I don't want the user to run TWO setups! (Three, with the Dotnetfx.exe...)

How can I integrate this MergeModule into InstallShield?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

theoneno1
04-02-2007, 01:57 AM
dear,

You can find the solution on the following Link:

http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=155906&page=2

Best Regards.