PDA

View Full Version : building a release from the command line

rkrishnan
03-30-2006, 10:28 AM
hi All!
I am doing the build using .bat file , and its working fine. Before doing the build , i am changing the Product Name Property ( appending Build(no) ) .For Example if the product name is xyz , i altered this one to xyz (Build 1) and so on.
Is there any way to set the product name using command line. Will -a switch in ISCmdBld.exe will work for this issue?

Thanks in Advance.

RobertDickau
03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
There's no command-line switch to IsCmdBld.exe to change the product name, but you can use the Automation interface to modify the project's ProductName property.

(As an aside, one thing to keep in mind is that a minor upgrade requires the MSI package to use the same file name in the earlier and later versions, so if you intend to use minor upgrades in the future...)

rkrishnan
03-31-2006, 01:18 AM
thanks Robert!!!

rkrishnan
03-31-2006, 02:45 AM
i am trying to change the productname while doing the builds. this is tried with automation interface.I am getting the ActiveX Component Can't create object Error.'ISWiAutomation.ISWiProject'.

Here is my .vbs code :

Option Explicit
Dim oIPWI
Dim name

name = "Build 28"

set oIPWI = CreateObject("ISWiAutomation.ISWiProject")

oIPWI.OpenProject "D:\My InstallShield 11 Projects\test.ism"

oIPWI.ProductName=name

oIPWI.SaveProject
oIPWI.CloseProject

rkrishnan
03-31-2006, 04:41 AM
I looked at the ISWiAutomation11.dll in IS installed location . then changed CreateObject("ISWiAutomation.ISWiProject") to CreateObject("ISWiAutomation11.ISWiProject"). But still not working .....

RobertDickau
03-31-2006, 06:06 AM
Perhaps try:

CreateObject("ISWiAuto11.ISWiProject")

rkrishnan
04-04-2006, 02:43 AM
thanks Robert! Working fine now ....