PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mobile Test.. No .NET CF 2...

neal007
03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm trying to test the installation to Windows Mobile requiring .NET Compact Framework 2. The .NET CF 2 redistributable is not found.

ISDEV : error -7129: The Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 redistributable 'D:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS12\Support\DotNetCFCabs\NETCFv2.ppc.armv4.cab' was not found. Ensure the cab files are in the location specified. Macrovision is not able to redistribute these files. These files are installed with Visual Studio or with a specific SDK and are available for download from the Microsoft web site.

Where do I get this so I can complete the tests? Do I have to have VS 2005 installed on a computer to create installs such as this? According to the message I do, but I would think these cabs would be like other modules I could download to build installations. I'll see if I can find these reqs on my dev machine that has VS 2005. I'm using a different machine for testing.

neal007
03-28-2006, 10:14 AM
I created the DotNetCFCabs folder and copied the cabs over from my other machine. When I build, I get this error now and I don't know how to get around this one:

ISDEV : warning ICE71: The Media table has no entries. Media
ISDEV : error ISICE09: An MsiPatchCertificate table entry is required for User Account Control (UAC) patching

I'd like the option in my release that these cabs for the .NET CF are downloaded if not available, I don't want to include them in my setup.exe. Just like MSI (Download if Required) is what I'd like for the .NET Compact Framework. The .NET CF 2 is 24.5 MB and I don't want all my users to have to go out and get this from Microsoft to use my simple WM5 app. Hopefully the IS 12 installation can save the day and allow me to ship just my .NET CF app and download install requirements as needed by each user.

neal007
03-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Disregard, I found the validation tab in Options. I suggest the Windows Vista validation be disabled by default, it ain't here yet! :)

Mike Marino
03-28-2006, 11:38 AM
You need to have Visual Studio (2005) installed to include .NET Compact Framework 2.

We do not have the rights to include these with our product (we would include them if we could. We get a lot of users asking for this).

We do not have a download on demand option for these either...although that is great feedback.

Thanks!