PDA

View Full Version : Simple Transform...

MarkPowell
03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to create a Transform for Lotus Notes 6.5.5, I have the original Notes MSI and created a MST, and a response MST via the wizard, it created the MST, I then opened the MST and did a create/apply, chose Apply and applied that MST to the MSI, it put the new MSI in the same location of the original, but still when I launch it, I am getting the dialogs, which I chose options for and I assume should be suppressed?

Any thoughts or help as to what the **** is going on with this?

Thanks,
Mark.

RobertDickau
03-28-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure I follow: the dialog boxes won't be suppressed with a response transform (you can use /qn or the like for a silent installation), but you should see your responses...

MarkPowell
03-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I thought it was supposed to suppress, but as you pointed out it appears it does not. Which leaves me in a predicament as the installer will not let me create an .iss file and I can't suppress via a transform and I need to re-package this application! What a joy!

Thanks for the reply.

Mark.

RobertDickau
03-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Can you just deploy with /qb or /qn? Or add LIMITUI (and ARPNOMODIFY) to the Property table in the transform?

MarkPowell
03-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Can you just deploy with /qb or /qn? Or add LIMITUI (and ARPNOMODIFY) to the Property table in the transform?

I think there is an option to use the /qb or /qn, but might be with some other parameters (just reading the release notes from IBM, but they cover silently installing all the other Notes stuff (Domino, Outlook options etc) and only briefly cover installing Notes 6.5.5 ...

Never heard of LIMITUI? Hows that used?

Problem is, I need to change the Notes and Data directorys on the install...

Mark.

RobertDickau
03-28-2006, 11:12 AM
As described in the MSI help library, LIMITUI limits the installation to the "basic" level (the equivalent of deploying with /qb) without needing any command-line switches.

If that installation is an MSI installation, the response transform should include your recorded choices for those special directories...

Buddy Jain
04-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Set LIMIUI=1... this will suppress all the dialogs..

you can also try /qr

Thanks