PDA

View Full Version : Direct Editor ControlConditions

ISIZBEN
03-24-2006, 07:35 AM
hey guy's,

Does anybody know how to use the chosen Setup Type as a condition to Disable/Enable buttons or controls?!!!!

thanks,
Ben

TsungH
03-24-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't believe that Express Edition offers that kind of flexibility. Are you using Professional/Premier Edition?

ISIZBEN
03-27-2006, 04:01 AM
I don't believe that Express Edition offers that kind of flexibility. Are you using Professional/Premier Edition?

I'm using the pro version and i've been trying some of the solutions that has been given by IS users like :

hwndDlg = CmdGetHwndDlg (DLG_SQLSELECTLOGIN);
_WinSubEnableControl (hwndDlg, CONTROL_NAME, 0);

and i even tried using the controlcondition editor by passing a condition besed on a (public)property value. It just didn't work.

I thought it might be better to make a hole new dialog with a summary of settings that won't have to be disabled during installatin in COMPACT/TYPICAL mode.

Ben

RobertDickau
03-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Assuming this is an MSI project, you can use the built-in LicenseAgreement dialog box as a template for this sort of behavior: it enables and disables the Next button based on whether the user indicates acceptance of the license.

(As an aside, you might consider posting any follow-up questions to the Professional forum.)